[mythtv-users] Jellyfin/Plex plugin in MythTV

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 13:09:52 UTC 2020

Hello,

I was wondering whether there has been any effort in developing a plugin
for Jellyfin (formerly emby) or Plex. The advantage of these softwares is
that they do transcoding on the fly, so the media holding server doesn't
have to be local.

Emby and Plex do have official/unofficial api's. I was wondering what part
of mythtv needs to be modified to use these api's. Is it Mythnetvision or
MythVideo?

Ultimately, I would like to see an interface which works exactly like
MythVideo with the only difference being that the media file is streamed.

Thanks