[mythtv-users] MythTV Light on RPi 3b

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Thu Dec 31 11:30:39 UTC 2020

On 29/12/2020 13:06, Jeff wrote:
> How can I prevent MythTV Light from passing the keystrokes through to
> the terminal?

I've solved this problem by moving the job starting mythfrontend from a
cronjob to /etc/rc.local (leaving it as a foreground task):

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/linux/usage/rc-local.md

I now have the problem that although my (German) keyboard is correctly
set up in the console, mythfrontend still thinks that it is en_US.

I am not running X, to reduce overhead - as suggested on the wiki:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Frontend_Setup_on_Raspbian

Before the stretch->buster upgrade, when running lxde, the keyboard
worked as expected.

Has anyone any ideas how to get mythfrontend to use a different keymap?

Regards

Jeff