[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:52:58 UTC 2020

> The app is slow to start and to stop (talking 20, 30 seconds)

I can get startup down to 14 sec and exit down to 2 sec if you disable upnp
(--noupnp).  I'm not sure what the other 14sec delay is (I think either
database or QT video) - but come on, how fast do you want this thing to
load?  On my older intel NUC mythbuntu takes around this amount of time to
load mythfrontend.

> Cutlist editor core dumps *every time* editing a HD (h254) recording

I'm not experiencing this error.  A log snippet and the crash report would
be helpful

> On linux scan of video fills in meta data. On macos it often does not.
> I->Change Details->Retrieve often works, often on 2nd or 3rd try. Sometimes
> at least the text is set but the image is not

I had similar issues on mythbuntu.  The latest round of metadata patches
seemed to have fixed some of the issues.  I also suspect thetvdb was
having issues with their api on multiple occasions.

I shall post to macports to see if any interest is stirred

I suspect that they will point you to Craig who is on this list and the
forums (and is a great help).