[mythtv-users] UPnP playback good but duration info is missing

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 17:54:02 UTC 2020

On 09/12/2020 11:13, Mark Kendall wrote:
> John
>
> As Stuart has mentioned, I don't believe there have been any
> functional changes to the UPNP code in some time (but some of the
> cleanup/refactoring may have had unintended consequences).

A quick comment:  As far as I know, no recent changes in MythTV have
affected the problem in the subject line, but I now find that VLC can
play these recordings via the MythTV UPnP server *and does display and
use the timing info*  - at least on my el7 box.  Attempts to do the same
in VLC/Fedora 32 quit immediately, and in one case apparently caused a
logout.

I have better options than UPnP/VLC for playback, but it looks as if the
duration info *can* be served by Myth; the TV isn't using it, but does
so when served by twonky...

John P