[mythtv-users] recording groups and categories

Klaus Becker colonius47 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 16:47:30 UTC 2020

Le 25/12/2020 à 21:38, Ian Cameron a écrit :
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 at 18:02, Klaus Becker <colonius47 at gmail.com
> <mailto:colonius47 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     But I see that categories do not work very well, so I created my own
>     groups. Maybe categories work fine in english, but I use mythtv in
>     german and I have only german recordings.
>
>     Is there a way to manage categories (rename, create, delete and so on) ?
>

> How are you getting your listings?  Are you using XMLTV?

I have no grabber, but I get program listings for german tv. There is no
problem about that.

I use Debian, xmltv is not installed.

I tried some grabbers for german or european tv, but they do not work.

> If so, some grabbers (like tv_grab_uk_tvguide) have built in category
> mapping.  If your grabber does not have such a feature and you're using
> XMLTV, maybe tv_augment might be of use?
>
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/tv_augment.1p.html
> <http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/tv_augment.1p.html>
> https://github.com/XMLTV/xmltv/blob/master/filter/augment/augment.rules
> <https://github.com/XMLTV/xmltv/blob/master/filter/augment/augment.rules>
>
> You could also see if xmlstarlet is available in your distro repo and
> postprocess your XML with that.

xmlstarlet is available in Debian, but is it useful in my case ? I don't
think so, because I don't use a grabber.

cheers

Klaus