[mythtv-users] coverart

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:01:15 UTC 2020

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 1:06 PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 11:51 PM James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> > On 12 Dec 2020, at 11:19 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > The way it worked for me:
>> > Copy the coverart to it's dedicated storage group.
>> > Change the owner to "mythtv:mythtv"
>> >
>> > In the frontend,
>> > select the video, press
>> > I -> Change Video Details --> Edit Details
>> > go to "Cover Art" (the checkbox is now high-lighted)
>> > press Enter
>> > select the cover you want in the new windowi
>> > press Enter
>> >
>> > No other actions needed.
>>
>> Except Dear Reader it very much depends on WHERE your coverart came from.
>>
>> After pulling out my hair this sumarizes what I have uncovered:
>>
>> The EXIF data needs to have a 'Title' (field filled)
>> An image may be used ONCE. To use the same image again make a new copy.
>> The existing meta data may stop the image, needing Details -> Reset
>>
>> Jonathan on my fixes/31 you may 'press the image' or check [ok] both work.
>> Roland see the images
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png
>> then presss [ok]
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png
>>
>> but using an unused image with correct meta (exif) data
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png
>>

> That's strange.
> I just added the same screenshot of my desktop to two different videos.
> The screenshot definitely has no title information in the exif data.
>
> And I can change the coverart over and over again without  the need
> to reset all details.
>
> Maybe the mouse is fooling you on the window for selecting the coverart?
> Try to use the keyboard only.
>
> Mythtv version is latest fixes/31

This is what the "exiftool" returns on a valid coverart, downloaded via
tmdb3.py:

$ exiftool ./tmdb3.py_816_coverart.jpg
ExifTool Version Number         : 11.88
File Name                       : tmdb3.py_816_coverart.jpg
Directory                       : .
File Size                       : 223 kB
File Modification Date/Time     : 2020:09:28 18:27:33+02:00
File Access Date/Time           : 2020:09:28 18:27:33+02:00
File Inode Change Date/Time     : 2020:09:28 18:27:33+02:00
File Permissions                : rw-r--r--
File Type                       : JPEG
File Type Extension             : jpg
MIME Type                       : image/jpeg
JFIF Version                    : 1.01
Resolution Unit                 : None
X Resolution                    : 1
Y Resolution                    : 1
Image Width                     : 1000
Image Height                    : 1500
Encoding Process                : Progressive DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample                 : 8
Color Components                : 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling            : YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
Image Size                      : 1000x1500
Megapixels                      : 1.5

Note: There is no "Title" information here.
Do you mean the coverart must be a valid picture as identified by the
"file" command?
e.g.:
{{{
$ file ./tmdb3.py_816_coverart.jpg
}}}
returns
{{{
./tmdb3.py_816_coverart.jpg: JPEG image data, ........
}}}