[mythtv-users] Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:33:15 UTC 2020

> On Dec 9, 2020, at 10:30 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/9/20 8:39 AM, Jay Harbeston wrote:
>> I just checked the logs, and don’t see anything other than the usual accessing of urls. Looks normal in both the error.log as well as access.log.
>>
>> Regards!

>>> I have a test mythbe/mythfe that I just upgraded from v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness with one or 2 channels.

>>> Have you checked the Apache logs (/var/log/apache2/) for any errors
>>> from mythweb?  If PHP was upgraded, there could be problems with that.
>
> I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:
>
>  http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list
>
> or wherever the mythweb is installed.
>
> See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels page show the
> channels of interest.
>
> Would expect an empty response from this:
>
>  mysql --user=mythtv --password=<from config.xml> --host=localhost --execute="SELECT chanid,channum,callsign,visible FROM channel WHERE visible
> NOT IN (0, 1)" mythconverg
>
> Checking because I can't remember when the change to visible's values was made.

I only have one source, and I do not have any ‘zombie’ channels as the other person mentioned later in this thread.

I do the query as you show above, and there are no records. When I dropped the where close, all of the channels show visible = 1 .

Interestingly, the when I click on the channel id on the left side of the page to see just the information for the particular, The page would normally show all the listings for that particular channel, but the page just flashes, and returns back to the guide page for all the channels.

Experimenting with the url, I found that the chanid was 14322 gave me the info for channel 3.1 and 14324 gave me info for channel 3.3

When I used the chanid 14323 for the missing channel info , I did indeed see data for the missing channel in mythweb! Further, when I forced the chanid for the missing data, the Jump TO dropdown does not show the channel 3.2 as being displayed.

So for some reason, the listings page does not display the information for channel 3.2(chanid 14323).

Very weird!!