[mythtv-users] coverart

Werner Mahr werner at vollstreckernet.de
Thu Dec 10 14:21:08 UTC 2020

Am Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020, 14:38:34 CET schrieb James Linder:
> Sometimes the artwork for coverart is not retrived, sometimes there is none
> eg 'attenborough extinction'. I make a clip with gimp. Oten that works but

Jep, ttvdb decided it's a good idea to have covers per language, but most
contributors there either ignore it, or just have the english one.

You can see that when running:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a EN -N 276312 Matanzas
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l de -a DE -N 276312 Matanzas

The first has coverart in it's output, the second not.

There was a bugreport about that: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13424
but it was closed as fixed. For me it didn't work either, that's why I tried to
fix it 1,5 years ago: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/180

My fix wasn't accepted, because it introduced a global var iirc, but 2 month
ago there have been additional commits there. For me they don't work.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr