[mythtv-users] Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb

Chris H hoffchris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:51:54 UTC 2020

On Dec 9, 2020, at 9:58 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:
>
>   http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list <http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list>
>
> or wherever the mythweb is installed.
>
> See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels <http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels> page show the
> channels of interest.
>
> It does.  In fact it shows them twice.  The affected channels appear to be those where I have a second 'zombie' entry for a source that I have deleted.
>
> <image.png>
>
> sourceid 1 was for my DVB-T capture card.
> sourceid 2 was for my DVB-T2 capture card and contained all the same channels as sourceid 1, plus the HD ones.
>
> I deleted sourceid 1 using mythtv-setup a while ago when I got rid of my DVB-T card, but about 8 of its channels (out of 150 or so) have remained in the database.  I've been wondering whether to delete them by hand?
>
> mythweb is not showing guide data for any of these channels which still exist on sourceid 2.  frontends and frontend web show guide data correctly and the backend can schedule and make recordings from them.
>

> Would expect an empty response from this:
>
>   mysql --user=mythtv --password=<from config.xml> --host=localhost --execute="SELECT chanid,channum,callsign,visible FROM channel WHERE visible
> NOT IN (0, 1)" mythconverg
>

> I get an empty response from that.

I had a similar issue recently when I migrated from dd to xmltv.  Looking at the ‘channel’ table in the database, I noticed that the deleted channels were still there, but the ‘deleted’ column now had a date.  It seems like mythweb pays no attention to this column, which causes confusion with listings and scheduling recordings.  I suppose the proper fix would be to update mythweb to not select deleted channels.  But instead I just used sql to remove the deleted channels from the channel table.  The only negative side-effect I’ve noticed from this is all my old recordings no longer indicate the channel they were recorded on.  This is probably because the ‘chanid’ no longer exists in the database (I also replaced my sources in this migration, so the ’same’ channels would have a different chanid).