[mythtv-users] Christmas theme feature request?

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Sat Dec 5 16:12:12 UTC 2020

On 01/12/2020 15:03, Tony Guadagno wrote:

> Paul?  Thanks for doing this theme, we look forward to it every year.
> I wanted to ask if it would be possible to change the theme to include
> season/episode numbers in the listed titles?  I have several
> recordings that have many episodes, and it is hard to figure out what
> I want to watch using the Christmas theme.
>
> Again, thanks for you efforts on this, I hope this gets you off the
> naughty list!
>
> Tony

OK I've been playing about with adding the season and episode. I ended
up adding it to the recording list and the details area as well as
adding the year if it's a film. I also added the program category and
first aired date to the details area. The first aired date is
interesting because it always sparks some conversion along the lines of
'Was it really 30 years ago when that was first on the TV' :)

Both themes are updated, just helps to maintain them if they are both in
sync with each other. MythCenterXMAS has also got 6 new background images.

I did realize while working on this what you use for the long and short
date formats will affect how the themes look. I use 'dd/mm/yyyy' for the
long date format and 'dd/mm' for the short date format.

I'm no themer unfortunately so hope it's something like you want :)

Merry Christmas

Paul H.