[mythtv-users] Build of master failing in el7

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 19:58:55 UTC 2020

I have been building el7 rpms of master using a script written by Gary
Buhrmaster.  A few weeks ago the builds started failing, until I noticed
that Gary had enabled a centos-kernel repo providing an 'LTS' update to
the standard el7 kernel.

Now the builds are failing again; it looks to me as if the LTS kernel is
no longer being accessed.  I posted about this on the MythTV dev list,
but Gary says the issue is well understood and posting there is not
appropriate - so here we go:  is there a way of continuing with el7
(which I use as my main system and does not, IIUC, have a clear upgrade
path) or do I need to move my MythTV usage to another box?

I have asked a related question on the elrepo list, because I normally
use the elrepo-lt kernel and it might be a good idea to build with that too.

Thanks,

John P