[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun issues following OS upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 from 16.04

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:41:17 UTC 2020

> I thought that HDHRs were fully supported by MythTV - mythbackend
> should handle channel scanning and channel changing.  There should not
> be any need for a channel changing script.

Still does not work if I turn the script into a no-op.

> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Dual

I just tried re-entering mythtv-setup's Cards menu and I can. Nothing I
see there is out of the ordinary: the device is properly detected, its
serial number and IP address are correct, all 4 tuners are populated.

> I presume that you have installed one of the fixes that makes
> mythbackend wait for the network to be actually available before it is
> started.  Ubuntu 18.04 starts up quite a bit faster than 16.04,
> especially if it is running from an SSD, and if you do not have a fix
> for this race condition, even if you did not need it in 16.04 you
> almost certainly will need it in 18.04.

My network interface is statically configured. Many of the "fixes" out
there on the interwebs assume that the network is configured by Network
Manager.

In any event, if my symptoms are due to the problem you describe it
would be resolved by restarting mythtv-backend once the network is
definitely up, and it isn't.

Anyway, I have now added systemd-networkd-wait-online.service to the
After and Wants statements of the mythtv-backend.service file.

So still looking for hints.

Thanks, Jan