[mythtv-users] mythtv on Raspberry 4 4GB with 64 bit OS's

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 11:23:13 UTC 2020

On 8/27/20 11:40 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 8:04 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com
> <mailto:jfabernathy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 8:58 PM Mark Perkins
>     <perkins1724 at hotmail.com <mailto:perkins1724 at hotmail.com>> wrote:

I have tried just about every combination, but best results seem to be
with standard, 4 CPUs, OpenGL decode and deinterlacers. A lot of people
might find what I can jerky acceptable. But with too much time on my
hands I've done way too much comparison on worse case videos. I find
Nvidia GT 1030/710 cards in Core i7 PCs to be flawless. I find the
Nvidia Shield TV to be almost the same if not exactly the same. FireTV
4K is right there also. RPi3s are good with LibrieELEC Kodi but I'm not
a great lover of Kodi interface. But for mythfrontend on RPi4 I always
find some part of an action scene that messes up a little and that
bothers me.

When I travel in my RV, I take a RPI4 mythtv combo and it works okay
enough for that but at home I just use Nvidia Shield. It's too
convenient and runs all my streaming services.

Jim A