[mythtv-users] mythtv on Raspberry 4 4GB with 64 bit OS's

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:56:47 UTC 2020

________________________________
From: Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, 28 August 2020 1:48 am
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: [mythtv-users] mythtv on Raspberry 4 4GB with 64 bit OS's

I got mythbackend and mythfrontend working on a RPi4 4GB running from a
SSD using both Raspberry Pi OS (aarch64) and Ubuntu 20.04 aarch64.

However, to my eyes it made no difference. To me the RPI4 is still a
marginal frontend for USA OTA mpeg2 video.  If the scene motion
increases the picture gets more jerky. Maybe at some point ffmpeg on
aarch64 can make improvements.

So for now for a cheap system but great video quality, I'd pick RPI4
4GB, USB3 SSD, with HDHR Quatro tuner for the backend and FireTV 4K for
the frontend.

Jim A