[mythtv-users] Problem with myth fill database...

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:04:36 UTC 2020

On 8/26/20 6:46 PM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 8/25/20 10:54 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 8/26/20 12:11 AM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>>> It works when I run it manually, but not when it is run by mythbackend.
>>>
>>> Mythweb status says this:
>>>
>>> Last mythfilldatabase run started on Tue Aug 25 2020, 12:01 PM and ended on Tue Aug 25 2020, 12:01 PM. FAILED: XMLTV grabber
>>> returned error code 1.
>>> Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: Wed Aug 26 2020, 12:01 PM.
>>> There's guide data until 2020-09-10 05:00:00 (15 days).
>>>
>>> How do I go about debugging this?
>>>
>>> I found this thread: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=2750
>>>
>>> but it is two years old, and I can't seem to find the sd.xmltv file anywhere.
>>>

>>> Background:
>>>
>>> Running Mint 20 Cinnamon
>>>
>>> MythTV version: 2.31.0+fixes.20200323.9579662cdc-0ubuntu1
>>>
>>> Let me know what other info is needed.
>> sd.xmltv would be valid for a user that had a source named "sd".
>>
>> You need to see what your source(s) are named and look for a
>> file with that/those names followed by .xmltv. The file will be
>> under the .mythtv directory (unless you/your distribution uses
>> the MYTHCONFDIR environmental variable.)
>>
>> If it works as your user, then you've chosen to set things up
>> contrary to the XMLTV Wiki, which recommends setting things up
>> as the same user that runs the backend. AND when running manually,
>> running mythfilldatabase as that same user.
>>
>> Some prefer to have links/copies of the <source name>.xmltv files (I'm
>> not in that camp.)
>>
>> Look at this one: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3480
>> which discusses both methods.
>>

> After fixing the ownership and putting the files where they belong, I'm now getting "XMLTV grabber returned error code 13"
>
> A google search leads me here: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=129
>
> Where at least one user is reporting that this is a normal return.
>
> I'll have to watch the results for a few days to be able to tell if my schedule is being updated. It says I have 15 days at the
> moment.

I've got 18 days worth, 'til Sep 13 2020, which is typical.

It's useful to run the grabber itself to look for issues like the above.

Run mythfilldatabase -v system. Look for the line containing something
like:

  tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --config-file '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/CABLE.xmltv' --output /tmp/mythblah

and run it from the command line (as user mythtv). Be sure to drop the --quiet
switch as above. Works for the non SQLite version too.

The /tmp/mythblah file won't be deleted in this case. You may want to remove
it manually.

--
Bill