[mythtv-users] Problem with myth fill database...

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 05:54:21 UTC 2020

On 8/26/20 12:11 AM, Douglas Peale wrote:
> It works when I run it manually, but not when it is run by mythbackend.
>
> Mythweb status says this:
>
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on Tue Aug 25 2020, 12:01 PM and ended on Tue Aug 25 2020, 12:01 PM. FAILED: XMLTV grabber
> returned error code 1.
> Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: Wed Aug 26 2020, 12:01 PM.
> There's guide data until 2020-09-10 05:00:00 (15 days).
>
> How do I go about debugging this?
>
> I found this thread: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=2750
>
> but it is two years old, and I can't seem to find the sd.xmltv file anywhere.
>

> Background:
>
> Running Mint 20 Cinnamon
>
> MythTV version: 2.31.0+fixes.20200323.9579662cdc-0ubuntu1
>
> Let me know what other info is needed.

sd.xmltv would be valid for a user that had a source named "sd".

You need to see what your source(s) are named and look for a
file with that/those names followed by .xmltv. The file will be
under the .mythtv directory (unless you/your distribution uses
the MYTHCONFDIR environmental variable.)

If it works as your user, then you've chosen to set things up
contrary to the XMLTV Wiki, which recommends setting things up
as the same user that runs the backend. AND when running manually,
running mythfilldatabase as that same user.

Some prefer to have links/copies of the <source name>.xmltv files (I'm
not in that camp.)

Look at this one: https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3480
which discusses both methods.

--