[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Raspberry PI OS 64 bits

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:05:43 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 6:37 AM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> A buddy of mine uses rPi(s) in a product he sells.  I have found Arch
> Linux to be a very good platform for packages because of their AUR repo.
> Ubuntu is also now available on them.  Have either of you tried those?  Do
> you have a SATA adapter for faster storage, or just using the frontend?
> From Jims note about mythweb I assume it is a BE/FE combo.
>
> Greg, I forgot your questions about SATA adapters.  I've updated all my
RPI4's to have the latest bootloader that can USB boot.  So when I
installed the RPI OS (64) beta, I updated it fully and used the Accessory
SD copier program to copy the SD to a USB3 connected SATA HD. I need to buy
another SATA SSD to judge performance because I'm only using an old WD Blue
2.5 HD right now. I use the Eluteng USB3 to SATA adapter because it's cheap
and uses the known to work ASMedia chip.(
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0716JKJ68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
)
It's $7.99 right now.

Jim A