[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Raspberry PI OS 64 bits

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 02:41:28 UTC 2020

On 8/24/20 10:25 PM, jam wrote:

>> On 25 Aug 2020, at 7:41 am, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 6:27 PM jam at tigger.ws <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>>

>>> On 24 Aug 2020, at 10:44 pm, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What are the chances that I could compile mythtv light for a RPi4 running the 64 bit version of the OS and have it work?
>> Is mythtv light nothing more than the wiki 'building from src' 'rasperrry pi' ?
>> I built for a rockpi, which is a 6 core rapi like board with M2 slot.
>> Both the rapi config, with the 2 options that are no longer valid removed, and no options built fine.
>> Any GUI program core dumped. I have not yet finished troubleshooting.
>> James
>>
>> I had issues with ansible not working on 64 bit RPI OS so I tried without, but still have some packages that could not be found. Also the options even removed caused some errors and it wouldn't even start to build.
>>
>> I'll try your way and see.  Nothing critical, but my production mythtbackend is all up to date on 20.04 and mythtv v31. I have one RPi4 (32) mythtv 31 backend working great, so now I need  a new project.  This Covid quarintee sucks. No travel and no bars, so computer projects are all I have. Maybe it's time to learn a new programming language. Not much use for Fortran, COBOL, and IBM 360 assembler anymore.
> Jim
> what I did
>
> wiki->build-from-src
> dependacies without ansible
> build
>
> IIRC I needed to prune 2 or three items from the list. If you struggle I’ll use dpkg to generate a list of what was installed.
> James

James,

libcrystalhd-dev and libmysqlclient-dev were the 2 packages that ansible
couldn't find that caused me to do dependencies without ansible, but
those 2 packages had to also be removed from that list.

I also needed qt5-default.

I ran ./configure --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --enable-opengl

It built without error after that.  I can run mythfrontend --version
fine, but haven't tried beyond that.  Tomorrow, I'll add mythweb, mysql
database and put in the systemd services to start and stop the backend.

I'll update with what I get tomorrow.

Jim A