[mythtv-users] Mythtv 31 on a Zotac Ion

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:57:35 UTC 2020

The SSD on my ancient standalone Myth box failed last night.

It was a combined frontend / backend running Myth 25 on Fedora 16.  Once I
got multirec and DVB-T HD working I didn't see the need to upgrade!

Recordings were on a separate drive and I have database backups but I've
decided to do a clean install.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has an opinion on whether v31 will still run
on that hardware.  Initial impressions aren't good.

Last night I installed lubuntu on an old 2.5inch spinning laptop drive I
had lying around and installed myth from the repo.

The GUI was freezing when recording HD.

Now I didn't investigate at all and I was recording to the same old laptop
drive as I put the OS on so there's much I can improve.

I've ordered a new SSD and i'll be recording to external drives again.

i'd just like to know if I'm wasting my time on that hardware - and would
compiling from source give me a system better tailored to my hardware?

Thanks in advance

David