[mythtv-users] segfault in libmysqlclient.so.21

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 01:57:17 UTC 2020

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 10:44 AM Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote:

> There is another bug in MariaDB 10.4
> (https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3720) I just want to be
> sure we are not confusing the two issues.

Apparently resolved in the 10.4.14 release(*)
which finally released a few days ago.  So
just upgrade to the latest versions and
everything works fine :-).  And there is also
10.5.4 (or better), where you get the fix too.

(*) The fix was originally intended to get into
10.4.13, but it missed the timing by a day
or so.  If, or when, your distro will repackage
mariadb at a release level is something you
need to discuss with your distro's mariadb
package maintainer if you are not into building
your own versions.  Personally, I just built
mariadb 10.4.13 with the fix when it became
available (and thought of this email thread
when I rebuilt with 10.4.14 this afternoon).