[mythtv-users] program guide empty

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 22:03:57 UTC 2020

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 at 22:35, Klaus Becker <colonius47 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed MythTV on a fresh Debian unstable and nearly everything
> works fine. But my program guide is empty.
>
> I choose to have no grabber. I had the same choice on my old Debian, and
> there was no problem with the program guide.
>
> /home is on another partition than the OS, do I have to delete an old
> config-file?
>
> By the way: I tried several european grabbers
>

> You could try EIT which can be present in the broadcast signal and does
not cost anything. For example, on the Dutch DVB-C and DVB-T2 signals the
guide data is excellent but only for a few days. On the Astra-2 28.2E
satellite, which has the UK Freesat signals, there is also good guide data.
On the Astra-1 19.2E satellite some channels do have EIT but some other
channels have not.
Depending on where you live Schedules Direct might be available; this costs
a small amount of money and some time to configure but will give you
usually guide data for a longer time than EIT.

Klaas.