[mythtv-users] mythcommflag -j

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sun Aug 2 05:37:02 UTC 2020

On 8/1/20 1:35 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 8/1/20 1:15 PM, DaveD wrote:
>> What's the -j argument in my process list for mythcommflag?  I can't
>> find any mention of a -j command line argument anywhere and --help
>> doesn't list it, either.  When mythcommflag hangs and my script to
>> check for hung mythcommflag processes detects it, the script just
>> kills the process and I get no commercial flagging on that
>> recording.  I would like to try repairing the recording with the same
>> technique I use to repair the "Decoder error" recordings using dd to
>> remove the first three blocks of the recording.  I'm guessing a hung
>> mythcommflag is the same problem, just not as severe, where the
>> highly compressed h264 recording is not handled properly by MythTV.
>> So I'm trying to figure out what file is being commflagged when the
>> process hangs based on the ps output so I can remove the first few
>> blocks and see if it will then comm flag without hanging.
>>
>> Dave D.
>
> Use mythcommflag --help j (or jobid).

Ah, I figured it was a job number and Leo's reply pointed me at the
right table (jobqueue).  A join with the recorded table yields the
basename:

SELECT basename from jobqueue, recorded where recorded.chanid =
jobqueue.chanid AND recorded.starttime = jobqueue.starttime AND
jobqueue.id = NUMBER_FROM_HUNG_PROCESS (the -j parameter sent to
mythcommflag).

Thanks!  I'll post the results of my attempts to repair (or prepare?)
the recording so mythcommflag can process it without hanging.

Dave D.