[mythtv-users] mythcommflag -j

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sat Aug 1 18:15:47 UTC 2020

What's the -j argument in my process list for mythcommflag?  I can't
find any mention of a -j command line argument anywhere and --help
doesn't list it, either.  When mythcommflag hangs and my script to check
for hung mythcommflag processes detects it, the script just kills the
process and I get no commercial flagging on that recording.  I would
like to try repairing the recording with the same technique I use to
repair the "Decoder error" recordings using dd to remove the first three
blocks of the recording.  I'm guessing a hung mythcommflag is the same
problem, just not as severe, where the highly compressed h264 recording
is not handled properly by MythTV.  So I'm trying to figure out what
file is being commflagged when the process hangs based on the ps output
so I can remove the first few blocks and see if it will then comm flag
without hanging.

Dave D.