[mythtv-users] leanfront v0-123 pausing (now v0-132)

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:56:35 UTC 2020

I saw after my last test of this issue that v0-132 now is the current
version so I updated and repeated the test this morning.

Definitely weirder behavior. I started again watching an in progress
recording about 30 minutes into a 2 hour recording that started at 7am.
However, the first thing I noticed was the timeline showed an end time
of 3:37:23. That made no sense. Then the first time I tried to skip 1
minute with the right arrow it took 10 seconds to process that with the
spinning circle.

So I exited to check what was happening with the recording by checking
with mythfrontend on Shield. No issues were found so I went back to
watching via leanfront.

I could now see that the endtime was 1:16:15 so I continued to watch as
it approached that time.  When it paused for more that 10 seconds the
time line said 1:16:29 / 1:16:15.

Next I pressed back direction arrow and it started playing at 1:16:14
and paused again as it approached the new endtime a few minutes later. I
tried pressing right arrow this time to see if it would restart at the
beginning like yesterday, but it skipped backwards and advanced the
endtime to current time.

I tried to take some photos of the timeline but because the behavior
changed with each test I got confused.

I'm looking for repeatable patterns, but haven't found one today.

Again HD1080i ATSC USA OTA 1920x1080 at 29.94, mpeg2. All recordings for
this test were done on a backend v31 using Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe tuner.

Jim A