[mythtv-users] leanfront v0-123 pausing

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:21:55 UTC 2020

> On Apr 29, 2020, at 12:00 PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 4/29/20 9:03 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> This didn't happen with older versions. But today I was watching a news program that started a 7am recording, but I didn't start it until much later.  I just let it run occasionally skipping commercials manually. At 8:12 on the timeline it paused and didn't proceed; 8:12 was the end time showing on the timeline at that point. After waiting a minute or so, I hit the right direction arrow and it restarted at 7am. I could skip using the down arrow by 10 minutes to get back to 8:10 and started watching.  The timeline now showed much farther near the end of the recording.
>>
>> In older versions of leanfront the playback would just pause for a second and then continue at the same point, with the timeline now advanced to the current end of the recording.
>>
>> Jim A
>>

> Hi Jim
>
> When you say 8:12 on the time line, the OSD should be displaying 1:12 because it shows time within the recording. Perhaps there was a time display from the broadcast station showing 8:12?
>
> I have some questions -
>
> When this happened at 8:12 or 1:12 on the OSD, what was the real time? Was it at or close to 8:12?

No, the realtime was around 8:30, so 1:12 was probably what current elapse time since the last time I hit skip forward with the remote to skip a commercial in the recording.

> What type of channel was it? Was it HD? Was it mpeg2 or h264?

All my recordings are OTA USA ATSC mpeg2.

This one was 1080i (1920x1080 at 29.94)

> When this happened, was it right after skipping with right arrow or was it some time after the last skip forward?

It was some time after the last skip forward. I was busy cooking breakfast and didn’t rush over to skip commercials at that point.

> Peter

Your right it probably said 1:12 on the timeline and I was working for memory.

Jim A