[mythtv-users] leanfront v0-123 pausing

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:00:36 UTC 2020

On 4/29/20 9:03 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> This didn't happen with older versions. But today I was watching a
> news program that started a 7am recording, but I didn't start it until
> much later.  I just let it run occasionally skipping commercials
> manually. At 8:12 on the timeline it paused and didn't proceed; 8:12
> was the end time showing on the timeline at that point. After waiting
> a minute or so, I hit the right direction arrow and it restarted at
> 7am. I could skip using the down arrow by 10 minutes to get back to
> 8:10 and started watching.  The timeline now showed much farther near
> the end of the recording.
>
> In older versions of leanfront the playback would just pause for a
> second and then continue at the same point, with the timeline now
> advanced to the current end of the recording.
>
> Jim A

Hi Jim

When you say 8:12 on the time line, the OSD should be displaying 1:12
because it shows time within the recording. Perhaps there was a time
display from the broadcast station showing 8:12?

I have some questions -

When this happened at 8:12 or 1:12 on the OSD, what was the real time?
Was it at or close to 8:12?

What type of channel was it? Was it HD? Was it mpeg2 or h264?

When this happened, was it right after skipping with right arrow or was
it some time after the last skip forward?

Peter