[mythtv-users] rpi3 & v31 mythtv-light deb package

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Mon Apr 27 11:31:06 UTC 2020

 ---- On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:17:51 +0100 Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote ----

 >  ---- On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 13:17:53 +0100 Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote ----
 >  > On 26/04/2020 11:38, Tim Draper wrote:
 >
 >  > > i've tried the other v4l2 playback profiles (oGL & oGL decode-only) but those have no difference.
 >  > >
 >  > > the rpi was fine with v30 mythtv-light so i dont think it's anything hardware
 >  >
 >  > High cpu usage could be caused by Decoder in Video  being set to
 >  > "Standard", try it set to "V4L2 acceleration" or as a second choice
 >  > "V4L2 acceleration (decode only)"
 >  >
 >  >
 >  > Mike
 > thats the bit i meant; not oGL as i said, but v4l2 acceleration - i was going from memory which obviously wasnt quite right.
 >
 > i agree though, it does sound like i'm not HW decoding and running it purely as software based hence the high CPU.

well, no idea what i've done now. it's working with HD content with cpu peaking around 40%.
currently setup with the default 'v4l2 codecs' profile, removed the 2nd entry, with the first entry as follows:
decoder: v4l2 acceleration
max cpus: 4
deblocking filter: enabled
renderer: opengl
deinterlacer single: medium + prefer oGL
deinterlacer double: medium + prefer oGL

i think theres something up with the rpi3 though. my first rpi3's allows me to run 'DISPLAY=:0 QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs mythfrontend' via SSH. my 2nd rpi3 (that i'm currently using to test) isnt allowing me to run mythfrontend via ssh to :0.
It's also getting menu flicker during menu transitions which i dont have with the 1st rpi..

looks like i'm in for a reimage of this 2nd rpi3 and i'm very curious in getting hold of an rpi4 for a general play & mythFE deployment...