[mythtv-users] Another issue w/ Mythfrontend v32 on the Nvidia Shield

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Apr 25 15:41:04 UTC 2020

 ---- On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 16:22:12 +0100 Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote ----

 > On 4/24/20 7:48 PM, Michael wrote:
 > > Hello Again,
 > >

 > > I am still working through several issues I have found since upgrading
 > > my shield to v31.
 > >

 > > Last night, I was watching video and the video would frequently
 > > stop.   If I press pause/unpause, it would start to play again.
 > > However, if I just left it paused, it would eventually give this
 > > message:  Video Frame Buffering Failed Too Many Times..    The freezes
 > > happen randomly every 5-10 seconds making it frustrating to watch.
 > >

 > > Any thoughts on this?
 > >

 > > Michael
 >
 > The "interop" stuff was added in v31 by Mark Kendall and I am afraid I
 > do not understand it. I suggest you bring this to Mark's attention.
 >
 > In the meantime as a workaround you can try changing the playback
 > profile to use "mediacodec decode-only" or "standard".
 >
 > Peter

while not the same issue as Michael, i too am seeing issues with the default mediacodec setup. i've 5 jumppoints defined; liveTV, Recordings, Videos, Main Menu, and Guide (bound to various F-keys if it matters). When using these from within playback (liveTV & recordings tested so far) there is a very noticeable delay (in the relm of 5-15seconds before the action actually happens. Also the FFWDSTICKY & RWNDSTICKY bindings cause the video & OSD output to freeze even though it is actually seeking in the background.

Using the Decode-only option resolves all these issues. jumppoints work, and the sticky ffwd/rwnd work.