[mythtv-users] running mythfilldatabase as part of mythtv-setup?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 11:23:27 UTC 2020

Historically, I could not start, stop, or run mythfilldatabase as a part
of mythtv-setup.

Now that I'm using v31 start and stop work perfectly when using
mythtv-setup, but what about mythfilldatabase?

I'm setup with a standard Ubuntu install for mythtv but run mythtv-setup
as my normal user, jim. So I've always let mythtv-backend run
mythfilldatabase except when I do maintenance. Then I run it as user mythtv.

So the basic question is: if I am running mythtv-setup as 'jim', can I
select run mythfilldatabase on exit and have it run as user 'mythtv'?

Or should I continue to select not to run it and then login as 'mythtv'
and run mythfilldatabase?

Jim A