[mythtv-users] HD Homerun in the UK

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:25:50 UTC 2020

On 24/04/2020 17:11, Mike Perkins wrote:
> I've just received a HDHomerun Connect Duo which is intended to
> replace my defective PC-TV 290e.
>
> Installing it was a doddle and then I'm into configuring it. I
> remembered that, despite it being one box with one identifier, you
> have to invoke "new tuner" twice to pick up both tuners. So far so
> good, created a new source for them and attached them to it.
>
> I have then tried to scan for channels and can only pick up DVB-T but
> not DVB-T2. Now the carton itself claims HD reception and that's what
> I bought it as, but it won't find any T2 multiplexes.
>
> I've tried the "Scan extra Transports" tickbox but that does nothing
> extra.
>
> Please, which chicken do I need to sacrifice to get the T2 muxes?

I am in the UK and have 4 tuner version Connect Quatro running latest
firmware and mythtv fixes/31 (and master)

Model: HDHR5-4DT
Device ID: 1251E907
Firmware: 20200225

This has a built-in web interface at whatever ip address is assigned by
your router.

Assuming the Connect Duo also has a built-in web server you can run a
channel scan outside of mythtv to see what channels are found.

Using your web browser go  the the ip address and click on Channel Scan,
there should then be an option to Detect Channels

The web interface allows firmware update (which may be necessary)

You can also use a utility hdhomerun_config (sudo apt install
hdhomerun-config on Ubuntu/Debian systems) to run a manual scan in a
terminal session

hdhomerun_config <ip address>  scan 0

hdhomerun_config <ip Address> get /sys/features will list capabilities e.g.

mike at mike-GL62-7QF:~$ hdhomerun_config 192.168.0.214 get /sys/features
channelmap: eu-bcast au-bcast tw-bcast
modulation: t8dvbt2 t7dvbt2 t6dvbt2 t8dvbt t7dvbt t6dvbt
auto-modulation: auto auto8t auto7t auto6t

Mike