[mythtv-users] Leanfront observations

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:59:51 UTC 2020

Hi Yeechang. Thank you for your suggestions, some of which I have
implemented.

On 3/3/20 9:07 AM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Observations after using several Leanfront client versions including
> 108 on Nvidia Shield TV with 29 backend:
>
> * Some sort of progress/busy message would be welcome when refreshing
>    lists. With 2600 recordings and however many more videos, refreshing
>    takes about 30 seconds.
Done. Circling progress indicator will show when refreshing with refresh
button, but not when automatically refreshing for any reason.
> * Supporting in-app voice search is excellent; it's amazing how few
>    apps do so. I realize that you are using the existing Android
>    functionality, which makes other software not doing so all the more
>    inexplicable.
> * Android keycode MEDIA_STOP does nothing. I suggest it unconditionally exits
>    playback.
Done
> * Similarly, perhaps have MEDIA_PLAY and MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
>    unconditionally start playback, as opposed to showing the "play from
>    start/other actions" menu?
Done. Also a bunch of other media keys are now supported, see the list
in
https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront/blob/master/README.md
(Remote Control)

Let me know if there is any other feedback, or if any of these changes
do not work as expected.

Peter