[mythtv-users] mythtranscode in V31

David King dave at daveking.com
Wed Apr 8 02:50:59 UTC 2020

On 4/7/20 1:06 PM, John Finlay wrote:
> Am I correct in assuming that the gotcha you mentioned is the fact
> that mythtranscode can only losslessly cut h264 video by using
> --cleancut? Thanks for the heads up on that; I had assumed that you
> were transcoding mpeg2.
>
> Lucky for me currently all videos I record OTA are mpeg2 so lossless
> cut mythtranscode using --mpeg2 works well but someday I will probably
> have to use --cleancut.

You understand correctly.  When I started this I didn't know that the
--mpeg2 option would do clean cuts too.  So I learned something new.  Yeah!

And therefore, in the end, since you are shooting to produce MPEG2
files, I could have just kept my fat mouth shut.  <grin>

David King
dave at daveking dot com