[mythtv-users] Mythtv-Setup complaining about non-existent DVB cards

Barry Martin Barry_Martin_3 at Q.COM
Mon Apr 6 15:02:09 UTC 2020

Hi Phill!

> When I exit Mythtv-Setup it gives me these errors:
>
> Card 1 (type DVBInput) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.
> Card 2 (type DVBInput) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.
> Card 3 (type DVBInput) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.
> Card 4 (type DVBInput) is set to start on channel 2, which does not exist.
>
> I used to have these but no longer have any of them in my setup. And
> when I'm in the Tuners setup screens the only tuners I can see now are
> HDHomeruns so there's no way I can delete the DVBInput ones it's
> complaining about.
>
> So does anyone know how can I delete these?

I think MythTV might be complaining about being told to start at Channel
2 rather than an old tuner card.  Might be from a previous set of cards,
which you said no longer exist.  Odd it's still trying to go to a
non-existent tuner, but perhaps trying to look for the channel rather
than the tuner will give a clue.  Check in the screen where one scans --
scroll down a couple of lines.  (The Backend is in use currently so I
can't take a look here.)