[mythtv-users] mythtv and iptv

Yann Lehmann aristide at free-it.ch
Mon Apr 6 13:29:09 UTC 2020

Am 04.04.2020 um 17:17 schrieb Stephen Worthington:

> To have any idea about how to help, we would need to know much more
> about your setup.  If it is using a .m3u file, then scanning is just
> reading that file and creating the channels from it, so it does not do
> any network connections to do that.  So scanning working does not mean
> much in that case.  To see if redirection is happening, you can run
> wireshark on your network connection and see what traffic happens when
> you try to record.  If the URLs are HTTPS though, you can not see the
> contents of the packets.  You will still see if it redirects to a
> different IP address.

Yes, I "scanned" channels with a .m3u file, but then I got the error
messages posted in my first message.

After upgrading to v31, I could watch live tv and change channels. So I
assumed that if the new version was being able to stream data, it must
have something to do with its new capabilities to deal with redirected urls.

I will try to make sure the urls are redirected using wireshark (but I
am not used to it).