[mythtv-users] Shield TV and Fire TV 4K settings for v31??

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Apr 5 00:16:54 UTC 2020

On 3/23/20 6:38 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> I have a new backend running v31 and testing various frontends in
> preparation for converting my production backend.
>
> Intel GFX and Nvidia both work great against this backend. Now I'm
> tuning the Nvidia Shield TV then I'll do Fire TV 4K.
>
> I'm trying to compare what's in the release notes for v31 decode:
> (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_31_Video_decoding_and_playback)
> with the Android wiki (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android) which
> seems to be focused on v30.
>
> I have the Shield TV doing fine but I'm just using SWAG ( Scientific
> Wild Ass Guess) running version
> (mythfrontend-20200227-arm64-v31-Pre-1953-ged3bfa425a.apk)

I just got around to upgrading to 0.31.   The backend seems to be
working well.

Similar to you, I am a little confused on what the optimal settings are
for the Shield and FireTV's.   As you noted the listed configuration
items in the wiki don't seem to match the options in 0.31.    I have
what seems to be a usable set up, but I am not sure it is optimal.

Hoping someone who knows better could update the wiki so we could have a
single authoritative document for those platforms.

Micahel