[mythtv-users] mythtv and iptv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Apr 4 15:17:03 UTC 2020

On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 15:02:40 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Le 11.03.20 à 15:42, Stephen Worthington a écrit :
>
>> MythTV can only record from straightforward URLs up to v30.  V31 may
>> be able to handle URLs where there is redirection.  As far as I know,
>> it can only record from http:, https:, udp: or rtsp: URLs.  It can
>> only handle encrypted URLs using standard https:, and any login can
>> only be pretty basic - the username and password must be in the URL.
>> So not all URLs that work in VLC will work in MythTV.
>>

>Thank's to the information in this thread and on the linked wiki pages,
>I was able to set up a network tuner and to scan for channels.
>
>But the backend can't record from the tuners:
>
>E ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:4763 (HandleRemoteEncoder) MainServer:
>HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE) Unknown encoder: 54
>
>Is there a way to find out if it's because of a redirection as mentioned
>above ?
>
>My system is running v0.29.1 (as I am in a "redesign" phase, I will
>upgrade to 0.31 soon).

To have any idea about how to help, we would need to know much more
about your setup.  If it is using a .m3u file, then scanning is just
reading that file and creating the channels from it, so it does not do
any network connections to do that.  So scanning working does not mean
much in that case.  To see if redirection is happening, you can run
wireshark on your network connection and see what traffic happens when
you try to record.  If the URLs are HTTPS though, you can not see the
contents of the packets.  You will still see if it redirects to a
different IP address.