[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.31 on Ubuntu 20.04 with Intel Graphics

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 12:38:11 UTC 2020

Just a heads up, for those using intel graphics that are thinking of
upgrading to Ubuntu 20.04 Focal and are using a custom xorg.conf:

You may need to change your xorg.conf device driver from "intel" with
AccelMethod sna to "modesetting" with AccelMethod glamor.

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
    Driver      "modesetting"
    Option      "AccelMethod"    "glamor"
    Option      "DRI"            "3"
EndSection

I was getting mythtv-frontend crashes when trying to use the Intel/SNA
combo (opengl issues that I couldn't fully track down).  I discovered the
fix by blowing away my custom xorg.conf file and lucked into the
auto-generated settings working without any crashes.  Inspecting the
Xorg.0.log file helped me figure out the change to modesetting and glamor
worked and I'm now back up and running with a customer xorg.conf.

Regards,
John