[mythtv-users] Unexpected DVB-T tuning failure in master

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 11:39:11 UTC 2020

A lot of work was done on DVB-T channel scanning recently and I thought
it was working well, but today I tried a quick scan to see if there had
been any changes in the local channel lineup.  All appeared to go well,
but then scheduled recordings failed.  I don't have useful logs because
I wasn't expecting problems.

I had followed my usual 'all known transports' route, which is quick and
used to work for me with a system that uses only SD transmissions from a
single main-chain mast.

On finding the problem I did a 'full scan,' which had been the focus of
the recent changes, and recording is working again.   That scan took
about 15 minutes.

This was with current master, 50c2d63.  I'm not sure about the history
of the pre-existing setup, or whether v31 is likely to behave in the
same way.

John P