[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct and V31

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:06:33 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 10:18 AM DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:

> I'm jumping in, here, without really knowing what's going on.  Do I HAVE
> to change the way I get listings from SD and redo all the many hours of
> work I've put in to get everything working right in order to upgrade to
> V31?  Do I have to do it anyway, even if I stick with V30?  If so, what
> am I missing by not upgrading?  Sorry if I'm asking stuff that's long
> been answered.
>
> Dave D.

When I first installed Mythbuntu 8.04 I made the mistake of hitting upgrade
and breaking it. I asked for help on this group and got the advice I
followed until the system broke last year. Don't upgrade. It is an
appliance and if it is working, don't touch it. I switched to 16.04 when I
had the disk crash and it was a huge pain. Almost a year later and it is
almost where I like it. I will be interested in what others say and I am
sure many will disagree with me and with the person that years ago said
don't upgrade. It is an appliance.

That said, I should warn you my son says I am that guy with the dial up
modem and an AOL account. He says that because I am perfectly happy with my
10MB DSL service. I can stream two HD programs at the same time and that is
all I need. And I don't have to deal with Comcast. But I am not cutting
edge any more.

Allen