[mythtv-users] RPM build of master in and for F29 - new script fails to build plugins (update)

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 14:31:56 UTC 2019

On 10/09/2019 18:42, John Pilkington wrote:

> <snip>

After some failures I got a modification that provided
> ... two .src.rpm files and it seemed worth
> trying mock --chain.  It worked, building yet another set of myth rpms
> and one of mythplugin rpms, which installed.
>
> But Gary's README outlined a snag:  my 50 GB /var has shrunk by around
> 3 GB of delete-resistant stuff.  There's also quite a lot of nVidia
> stuff for hardware and/or kernels long out of use.  I suppose root can
> remove it, but...

sudo rm -r <foldername> seems to have fixed that.  mock --scrub needs
config files that may not be available.

I see that Gary has now committed a workaround for the plugins-build
problem with systems (like mine) in which 'mock' is not configured to
use the tmpfs plugin.  I thought I had tried enabling that on the CL,
without success, and at present I haven't tried the new version.

But I do have a variant of his script that creates the two SRPMS and
builds them with mock --chain;  it leaves its packages in /var/tmp/mock,
where root can install, move or delete them.  For future compatibility
I'll try the new version soon.