[mythtv-users] Disk filled up unexpectedly - Auto-expire not working?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Sep 17 01:10:38 UTC 2019

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 15:41:00 -0400, you wrote:

>Yes, I have a "Live TV" storage group.  And currently the only directory
>listed is /var/lib/mythtv/livetv, which is a symlink to a directory on a
>separate partition (not any OS-related partitions).   I suppose I could
>probably add another directory to the "Live TV" storage group.  But in
>my mind, that seems like a workaround as opposed to just letting
>auto-expire do it's thing.  Based on the symptoms I'm seeing, I'm not
>convinced that auto-expire is working properly on my system.

I am not sure if mythbackend will follow a link when working on
storage groups.  It may be getting the amount of free space from where
the link is, rather than the linked location.  It would be better to
replace the storage group entry in the database with the actual
directory path, rather than a link that goes to a different partition.