[mythtv-users] Disk filled up unexpectedly - Auto-expire not working?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 20:06:03 UTC 2019

On 9/16/19 8:48 AM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> says:
>> Recently my MythTV box stopped being able to watch live TV (as it
>> was watching live TV), and after a bit of poking around I tracked it
>> down to one of my partitions filling up.  I was under the impression
>> that MythTV would have done a little bit better at preventing this
>> from happening.
>
> https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/615296#615296

Interesting.  Those are indeed the symptoms I was seeing.    Upon
running the flush_deleted_recgroup.pl script, a few hundred shows were
listed.  And while a few of the deleted-group recordings were flushed,
it stopped.  About at the same time that opening up MythWeb reported
that there were too many MySQL connections.   After waiting a bit,
MythWeb started working again, the deletions didn't proceed.

I increased max_connections in /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf from 100 to
200, and re-ran flush_deleted_recgroup.pl again.  This time I don't
think that the MySQL connection limit was hit, as
http://<HOSTNAME>/mythweb/tv/recorded?recgroup=Deleted is continually
shrinking, presumably to zero.

Is it possible that my auto-expire wasn't working because there were too
many recordings that were auto-expire eligible??

-WD