[mythtv-users] HLS

Valentin Vidić vvidic at valentin-vidic.from.hr
Fri Sep 13 20:23:44 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 03:54:38PM -0400, Timothy Krantz wrote:
> Well I tried that and upon scanning channels I got no channels found so I
> adjusted the EXTM3U line to remove extra stuff and added an EXTMYTHTV line
> to just one of the channels (also adding a channel number after the -1) and
> it did find that one channel but attempting to do a manual recording on it
> generated a zero byte file.

You are right, the file needs to look something like this to be accepted:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,1 - name1
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=name1
http://url/something.m3u8
#EXTINF:0,2 - name2
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=name2
http://url/something.m3u8

But first make sure the m3u8 works by playing them in VLC or some other
player.

--
Valentin