[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 19.10 backend - Android frontend firestick 4k

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 20:14:30 UTC 2019

On 10/29/19 7:44 AM, jksjdevelop wrote:
> Bizarrely my android frontend on a firestick 4k wont connect to my
> backend under ubuntu 19.10.
>
> The self hosted frontend works fine.
>
> A RPI4 frontend works fine.
>
> An Intel frontend on another PC works fine.
>
> And most amazingly
>
> The Lean Back frontend on the same firestick works fine
>
> Kodi an the same firestick works fine.
>
> I am guessing that neither of the above connect to the database.
>
> I am using the latest version
> mythfrontend-20190724-arm-v31-Pre-539-gff6bd41e0c0
>
> If I boot the backend back into Ubuntu 19.04 everything works
>
> Any ideas?

I posted a new improved leanback frontend today - I plan to use it for
my watching to see whether it is stable. If you are watching recordings
you could try that, let me know of any issues. It is still under
development.

For mythfrontend, I suggest look at the log (adb logcat) and see whether
it is a database problem or some other issue. I cannot think of anything
that may be causing your problem.

Peter