[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH Dying?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 20:27:47 UTC 2019

I have an InfiniTV 6 that has been working fine since I bought it used a
few years ago, but it looks like it's dying.  Ethernet access to it, even
with a web browser has suddenly gotten very erratic.  When I can get to it
with a browser, I can (usually/eventually) get to the various status pages
and I can even reboot it remotely, but at other times I can't even get it
to respond to ping.

I'm wondering if others who have/had one experienced  a similar problem and
whether they were able to come up with a fix (short of replacing it with
other hardware)?

Could it just be a failing wall wart, or is it common for the ethernet
interface to give up the ghost?

Since Ceton is long gone from the market, should I look for another used
replacement or go with a used SiliconDust HDHomeRun HDHR3-CC three tuner
replacement while I wait with bated breath for the SiliconDust HDHomeRun
Prime six tuner to finally get released (long gestation reportedly still on
target for release this calendar year, maybe, sorta, hopefully...)?

--
Craig.