[mythtv-users] raspbian buster booting with networked tuners and mythtv-backend

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 00:42:08 UTC 2019

I’ve had to fix the race conditions with Ubuntu 18.04 and network tuners use with mythtv-backend v30. Changing the systemd services configuration resolved that. I have not thought about that for some time.

However, I now have what appears to be similar issues with Raspbian Buster on a Raspberry Pi 4 with mythtv-Light and mythtv-backend. There are lot’s of Raspbian race conditions related to networking at boot.

If I build a straight forward FE/BE combo using mythtv-light and adding backend, mariadb, etc. I occasionally have no HDHR tuners after a boot.  I can fix this by systemctl stop/start mythtv-backend.  I can also fix this with a raspi-config and set the boot/wait on the networking option. That’s the same option you need to set so your can do NFS mounts in the fstab at boot.

So at first I thought changing raspi-config was the solution, but I kept loosing the lxpanel after a boot.  Couldn’t fix it unless I turned off the boot/wait on networking.

Now I’m looking at fixing this like we did on Ubuntu 18.04.

Has anyone had similar issues on Raspbian

Jim Abernathy
jfabernathy at gmail.com