[mythtv-users] No signal lock when trying to watch live TV - HDHR DVB-C Telenet (Belgium)

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 05:30:27 UTC 2019

On 18/10/2019 21:06, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> Setting /sys/dvbc_modulation to the correct value before starting
> mythbackend should be enough. It then should work with the
> "...auto..." tuning commands generated by mythtv. I have two of those
> DVB-C tuners and for one of them this is enough, but the other needs
> an explicit tuning command as described in ticket #13371. Your mileage
> may vary....
> But you say mythtv-setup does work and this generally means that
> mythbackend should also work.
> Note that in mythtv v29 the mythbackend needs exclusive access to the
> HDHR tuner, so you should not run other applications like the Android
> HDHR app at the same time.

Thanks. I will play with that today.

Lingering doubts (until I investigate further):

1. Do all channels indeed need the same /sys/dvbc_modulation parameter?
That may be the case on some cable TV networks but not others.

2. The only options I have for the "Input name" field in the inputs
table for each of the 4 tuners are MPEG2TS (or none). Although I
understand that this is merely a framing standard I wonder whether it is
correct for MPEG4 (H.264) media.

Meanwhile I noticed that HDHR inputs don't have a channel change script
associated with them, so I'd need to find and use an appropriate event
if different /sys/dvbc_modulation values turn out to be necessary.

I'll keep you posted.