[mythtv-users] Alternative options

Jim lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:17:29 UTC 2019

On 10/18/2019 8:11 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> I'm currently with Charter/Spectrum in the US.  Over the last year, it seems every other month they are upping the Basic + Expanded service prices by a dollar here and a dollar there.  I started out as $32 a month and as of the last bill insert they'll be increasing prices by $7; that will put me over $90 monthly.
>
> It's time to cancel my service (will be doing that tomorrow).
>
> Outside of going Satellite, what options do I have for MythTV 29 in the Michigan area?  Over the air, the last time I checked, only brought me around 7 channels and half of them were PBS.
>
> Any suggestions?

I know you said "Outside of going Satellite" but you might want to take
a look at Dish and their "Flex" package. Without the local channels it's
less than $40 a month and has a lot of good channels. With that I use an
HD-PVR and have been very happy with it. Add in an antenna for the local
channels with an HDHR and also Netflix and Amazon Prime and I have too
much to watch.

Jim