[mythtv-users] How can I rebuild show thumbnails for mythweb?

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 11:29:45 UTC 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users <mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org> On Behalf Of Stephen
Worthington
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:37 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] How can I rebuild show thumbnails for mythweb?

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 23:00:32 -0400, you wrote:

>So, I'm migrating to a new, larger, drive. Work was getting rid of some
>4TB drives, and I just needed 2 more to complete the RAID.
>
>So I used rsync to copy all my recordings off to a temp location then
>copied them back to the original after I rebuilt the RAID with the new
>disks, but I have run in to an issue.
>

>https://pasteboard.co/ICaWi6J.png
>

>As you can see in this image, the thumbnails for 2 of these recordings
>are "missing" in mythweb. The thing is that the PNG files for all 3 are
>back in the proper locations as well as the TS file. I cannot explain
>why they are not showing on the page.
>
>Everything before Sept 29 shows as there, from Sept 29 to Oct 1 they
>are intermittent, and from Oct 2 to 12, all of them are missing. From
>Oct 13 to today they are there, but those are recordings made after the
migration.

>Is there a way to regenerate these? In the past I was able to just
>delete the PNG's, and they would rebuild the next load of the page. But
>that did not work this time, so I copied them back.
>

>Marc

Have you checked for ownership or permissions problems?

I believe that the .png files are created using mythpreviewgen, which you
can run manually.  But I have never done that.

First thing I checked. Initially they were over there under the wrong user,
but I chown'd them to mythtv:video like they should have been. But it seems
to have made no difference.
I'll look in to the previewgen later today and report back, thanks for the
idea.

Marc