[mythtv-users] Playback zoom level (off/half/full)

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 09:48:04 UTC 2019

> Does manual zooming work?  Is the problem with the auto detection, or
> the actual zooming?

Zooming itself works (via the menu -- I don't have any shortcuts set up
on my remote). So I think it's the auto-detection that doesn't work.

The hardware is an Intel CPU with its integrated GPU. This happens both
on my laptop (i7-7700HQ) and on the main frontend (i3-7100T), both
running Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS. To the best of my knowledge it has never
worked on these machines, so it isn't a recent regression.

I previously circumvented this by using SW rendering but that has
drawbacks I could no longer live with:

- I bought an HDHR and started recording H.264 HD from DVB-C broadcasts,
and fast-forwarding did not work accurately on the main frontend using
the Normal renderer, so I switched it to VAAPI.

- Lipsync isn't as good.

Thanks, Jan